MUST HAVE PURCHASING EXPERIENCE AND CAN BE FORKLIFT CERTIFIED- $15.00 PER HOUR
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Supply Chain (DSC), the employee is responsible for coordination of shipping, receiving, issuing, handling, and accounting for all inventory that has been procured through the Supply Chain department. This employee maintains files and records of materials, prices, inventories, and deliveries. This employee corresponds with internal clients and suppliers on a regular and proactive basis to source goods and materials. Collaborates with Supply Chain, Production team and vendors. Creates replenishment requests and prepares purchase orders.
Shipping and Receiving-Warehousing
- Receives delivered supplies, materials, and equipment; confirms that delivered goods match purchase order specifications of quantity, condition, and completes all necessary paperwork.
- Monitors replenishment stock and works with purchasing to forecast future requirements
- Monitors and replenishes Min/Max levels.
- Management and processing of all packaging requirements.
- Organize and maintain warehouse and outside parameters as assigned for efficient material storage and handling. Maintains the overall appearance of both on a continual basis.
- Assists in conducting quarterly or annual inventory audits
- Operates indoor and heavy duty outdoor forklifts and other necessary vehicles and equipment to properly handle materials being received or issued.
Purchase Order and Inventory Management
- Coordinating inventory requirements and procurement details with vendors and customers.
- Issue supplies, materials and equipment to department managers.
- Create/submit purchase requisitions as needed in support of department operations.
- Forecasting and estimating potential stock requirements based on company demand.
- Tracking the transportation and distribution of inventory.
Reporting and Analysis
- Conducts inventory auditing on a required basis.
- Identification of purchasing trends, opportunities for process improvement and expense management.
- Reporting of inventory surplus, product returns, and any damages.
- Utilize company systems to properly account for issues, returns, receipt of new material and associated back-orders.
- Develop and manage inventory related projects, including defining project scope, resources and achieving deliverables.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Works under the direct supervision of the Director of Supply Chain.
- A minimum of two years of experience working in warehouse operations.
- Must be able to be forklift certified.
- Demonstrated understanding of department supply items and equipment.
- Demonstrated understanding of packaging requirements for the departmental operations.
- Demonstrated understanding of logistics and inventory control.
- Knowledge of state and federal employment laws relating to key areas of responsibility.
- Must be able to secure a MED card.
- Must possess a valid Driver License.
- Degree in business or related area of study preferred.
- APICS certification preferred.
Proven success in the following job competencies:
- Tracking and Reporting
- Customer Focus and Relationship Building
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Able to use a computer for extended periods of time.
- Able to move about a typical office, manufacturing, retail, and warehouse environment.
- Able to kneel, bend, reach, rotate, and stoop on an intermittent to regular basis daily.
- Able to lift and move up to 75 pounds regularly.
- Regular and on-time attendance.
- Hours regularly exceed 40 hours per week.
- Occasional travel by conventional means including aircraft, motor vehicle and the like within the region and to other locations as required.
Note: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.