The Store Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of store operations, coaching and developing the store team that delivers the LivWell retail promise to every customer. The Store Manager is the critical link between the retail field and the corporate office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate the stores weekly and monthly sales information.
- Schedule and manage employee work hours, vacation requests and store labor hours.
- Conduct and oversee the training of all new employees as well as the re-training of existing employees when needed.
- Motivate and work together with employees to meet and exceed sales goals.
- Administer employee evaluations.
- Inform employees of new updates and general developments in the company.
- Confirm time cards, hours, and store payroll.
- Evaluate applicants by discussing job requirements and applicant qualifications with Human Resources; interviewing applicants on a consistent set of qualifications.
- Ensure that Back Stock is adequate and manage inventory properly.
- Promote a work environment that is positive, customer-service oriented, and compliant with established company policies and procedures.
- Monitor the activities of store employees to maximize efficiency, minimize errors and respond to customer’s needs in a timely fashion.
- Accountable for accurately utilizing LivWell Point of Sale system.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Operations.
Skills and Abilities:
- Solid organizational and communication skills, the manager must be fully competent in all aspects of the store, including but not limited to: making store schedules, compliance, interviewing, training new employees, ordering product, inventory control, loss prevention, etc.
- Proven ability to work with vendors and agencies to produce results.
- Basic Microsoft Office, Point of Sale software, cash management and banking knowledge is required.
- Strong attention to detail and must have a team-player mentality.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to employees and vendors maintaining a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to creatively cultivate long- term customer relationships.
- Ability to deal with problems and resolve in a professional manner.
- Proven track-record in consultative sales and sales management experience.
- Experience in analyzing store financials (such as P&L statements and metrics) to drive results.
- Must be able to accommodate scheduling expectations by supervising store a minimum of 4 full shifts per week, including weekend, evening, and holiday shifts.
- Provide leadership and direction to departmental employees to ensure the effective use and management of systems.
Compliance and Reporting:
- Ensure compliance with all local and state regulations.
- Ensure that workflow and work procedures are documented and that appropriate controls and audit are in place to ensure data and processing integrity.
Leadership and Supervision:
- Works under the general supervision of the Regional Manager.
- Supervises exempt and non-exempt employees.
- Manage employees, including hiring and developing, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining, addressing complaints and resolving employee issues.
- Provide technical leadership and managerial direction to designated employees.
- Establish initial and ongoing training for employees to ensure an adequate level of understanding regarding guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Ensure that individual and team performance meets the Company’s standards of service and quality.
- Work collaboratively with all the Company’s employees and business partners.
- Provide effective leadership to employees to ensure a complete understanding of and alignment to the Company’s vision, mission and values to maintain a positive work environment and a high level of morale.
- Develop and manage projects, including defining project scope, resources and achieving deliverables on time and within budget.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or equivalent experience required an additional two years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 4 years of management experience including a minimum of 2 years in a retail store environment.
- A minimum of 2 years supervisory and/or managerial experience, including retail store operations, managing a large team of employees, managing schedules, compliance, recruiting and hiring, employee training and development, ordering product, managing inventory, managing vendors, managing loss prevention, etc.
- Demonstrated capability analyzing store financials such as P&L statements and metrics to drive results.
- Demonstrated sales and customer service capabilities, including consultative sales and sales management experience.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated project management capabilities.
- Knowledge of various computer systems and applications, including BioTrack, METRC and other cash management and banking software applications.
- Knowledge of local and state laws relating to key areas of responsibility.
- Must be able to secure appropriate work credentials from the Colorado Department of Labor Marijuana Enforcement Division.
- Must be able to supervise a minimum of 4 full shifts per week including weekdays, weekends, evenings, and holidays.
Proven success in the following job competencies:
- Communication and Presentation
- Customer Focus and Relationship Building
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Analysis and Reporting
- Information and Technology Proficiency
- Technical Industry and/or Profession Expertise
- Able to use a computer for extended periods of time.
- Able to move about a typical office, manufacturing, warehouse, or retail environment.
- Able to perform general office managerial and administrative activities.
- Able to lift and move up to 25 pounds occasionally.
- Regular and on-time attendance.
- Hours regularly exceed 40 hours per week.
- Occasional travel by conventional means including aircraft, motor vehicle and the like within the region and to other locations as required.
Note: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.