This position will work under the direction of the MIPS Packaging Manager. This is a full-time position that will package materials and products manually. This position is responsible for accurate weighing and packaging of MIP product in accordance with daily quotas and production level necessities. This position is instrumental to the final stage of the MIP product cycle.
- Proper use and understanding of scales and measurements.
- Calibrate scales to company standards to ensure correct measurements of product.
- Proper understanding of pre and final pack procedures according to the instructions and pre-established guidelines of the job.
- Proper placement of labels for tracking and compliance, and ingredient labels according to the instructions and pre-established guidelines of the job.
- Proper packaging of all product according to the instructions and pre-established guidelines of the job.
- Count and organize product to prepare for shipment.
Productivity and Quality
- Take instructions and follow direction as delegated by supervisors to meet daily and weekly, individual and team production and quality standards.
- Work in a timely manner and strives to increase productivity.
- Maintain a culture of professionalism.
Workspace and Material Maintenance
- Ensure organization and cleanliness of immediate work station.
- Contribute to daily, weekly, and periodic cleaning and general maintenance.
- Perform regular cleaning and maintenance on work surfaces, tools, and related equipment.
Quality Control and Data Entry
- Performs basic quality control checks including measuring, weighing, package counts, and evaluating product or package appearance.
- Accurately fill out all paperwork/spreadsheets.
- Ensure that work procedures are followed.
- Ensure data and processing integrity.
- Ensure compliance with all Local, State, and Federal regulations.
- Adhere to all work safety requirements including, but not limited to: lifting, bending, and move up and down ladders throughout shift.
- Maintain a positive attitude that creates a positive work environment.
- Keep doors closed when not in use.
- Wear protective clothing (jacket, hair net, beard net etc.) when working with MIPS product.
- Before exiting the facility remove protective clothing (jacket, hair net, beard net etc.) and ensure that there is no cannabis product on your personal clothing, shoes, or hair.
- Other duties as assigned, including, but not limited to assisting other departments to help facilitate the additional and/or supplemental work such as harvesting, trimming, packaging, farm, cure, cleaning, and light maintenance as needed throughout the facility.
- Works under the direct supervision of the Manager of MIPS Packaging as assigned.
- This person does not supervise others.
- One year of work experience in a fast-paced production or warehouse environment preferred.
- Must be able to secure appropriate work credentials from the Colorado Department of Revenue, MED.
Proven success in the following job competencies
- Time Management & Organization - Demonstrated ability to consistently meet productivity and performance requirements.
- Communication - Demonstrated professional and respectful communication capability.
- Teamwork - Demonstrated professional and respectful demeanor towards others.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making – Demonstrated ability to problem solve during decision making.
- Productivity and Quality Results - Demonstrated high attention to detail.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Able to use a computer and/or hand tools while sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
- Able to move about a typical office, manufacturing and warehouse environment.
- Able to kneel, bend, reach, rotate, and stoop on an intermittent to regular basis daily.
- Able to lift and move up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Regular and on-time attendance.
- Occasional travel by conventional means (motor vehicle) within the region and to other locations as required.
Note: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.