LivWell Enlightened Health is seeking a highly motivated, passionate individual to take on the role of Cultivation Control Systems Manager (CCSM). The CCSM will report to the General Manager of Operations and be responsible for operation and maintanence of the cultivation control systems at all of the Colorado grow facilities. The position requires advanced knowledge of control systems architecture, function, and operation. Experience operating Argus Controls is preferred. This position also requires a strong understanding of commercial cannabis cultivation techniques and horticultural science. This role will be responsible for day-to-day operations of all control systems including personnel staffing and management. You will be primarily responsible for the creation and implementation of strategies that seek to optimize the plant growth environment to meet or exceed production quotas and crop quality standards. The CCSM is a collaborative role that requires a teamwork driven approach to leadership. You will be expected to collaborate with cultivation leadership to continually improve and innovate upon LivWell’s cultivation strategies and techniques.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and/or RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure optimal and effective climate control strategies including temperature, humidity, ventilation, and VPD that is appropriate for each growth stage.
- Create and implement irrigation/fertigation control strategies for optimizing plant growth/nutrition.
- Manage water treatment plant operations including ozonation and filtration of fresh water supply, nutrient rich leachate, and condensate recovery systems.
- Ensure that irrigation delivery systems are functioning properly.
- Develop, monitor, and execute dynamic lighting control strategies that optimize plant growth and facilitate the efficient operation of mechanical equipment.
- Work with the operations team to troubleshoot, maintain and/or repair critical systems including but not limited to fertigation, HVAC, water treatment, ventilation, and lighting systems.
- Partner with cultivation leadership to ensure that production quotas and quality standards are met and/or exceeded.
- Collect, compile, format, and analyze data relevant to crop performance and operation of the control systems.
- Run data analysis and be prepared to present your findings to leadership and/or ownership.
- Build, manage and maintain dedicated team/s of qualified staff that will be responsible for operation and maintenance of the various systems.
- Develop operational and training documents that are relevant to the control systems and peripherals.
- Develop robust preventative and emergency maintenance procedures to ensure that critical controls and systems remain operational at all times.
- Operate instruments and sensors for data collection and systems calibration.
- Perform routine irrigation and nutrient water quality analysis and use the data to drive fertigation and control strategies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE and/or ABILITIES:
- Experience with the operation of automated control systems hardware and software. Argus Controls experience is preferred.
- Advanced experience with automated fertigation systems function, operation, and maintenance.
- Experience developing plant nutrition programs.
- Knowledge of mechanical, plumbing and electrical systems related to indoor plant cultivation.
- Knowledge of cultivation lighting systems. Experience with LED as sole source lighting preferred.
- Fundamental knowledge of drying and curing cannabis and relevant mechanical systems used for this application.
- Adept and efficient using Microsoft Office Suite programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Ability to follow and develop Standard Operating Procedures.
- Excellent time management skills and deadline oriented.
- Ability to multitask.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of initiative.
- Ability to maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Ability to lift, move, and carry 50lbs.
- Work in an efficient task-oriented manner.
- Maintain a culture of professionalism.
- Comply with all company policies including confidentiality and non-disclosure.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- College Degree in horticulture, mechanical/electrical engineering or a related field.
- Or a culmination of equivalent experience of equal merit.
- 3-5+ years large scale commercial cultivation experience preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with Argus Controls or equivalent cultivation control system platform.
- Must provide proof and eligibility to work in the United States
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must currently have a license from the Colorado Medical Marijuana Enforcement Division
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means and travel within the state of Colorado to meet with current and potential clients. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds unless otherwise specified.
The intent of this job description is to describe a representative level of the types of duties and responsibilities that are required of the position. This shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of all responsibilities. Employee may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically outlined in this job description. Delt Services LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity.