Project Coordinator responsibilities include working closely with Senior Director of Construction to prepare comprehensive action plans, including resources, timeframes and budgets for projects. You will perform various coordinating tasks, plan submittals, signage submittals, Vendor payables and maintaining project documentation and handling financial queries. The Project Coordinator’s duties are to ensure that all projects are completed on time, within budget and meet high quality standards.
- Safety - Ensure safety is properly incorporated into job planning and execution; promote accountability among staff members and subcontractors as it relates to the project safety policies; and enforce these policies by actively participating in all safety-related functions.
- Coordinate project management activities, resources, equipment and information.
- Materials management including submittals, shop drawings, tracking/expediting material deliveries.
- Assist in development and updates to the project schedule; compartmentalize projects into manageable portions and establish completion timeframes.
- Liaise with clients to identify and define requirements, scope and objectives.
- Assign tasks to internal teams and assist with schedule management.
- Ensure LivWell needs are met as projects evolve.
- Preparation and management of monthly Owner Pay Applications.
- Assist in budget preparation.
- Analyze risks and opportunities.
- Project procurement management.
- Monitor project progress and handle any issues that arise.
- Act as the point of contact and communicate project status to all participants.
- Use tools to monitor working hours, plans and expenditures.
- Issue all appropriate legal paperwork (e.g. contracts and terms of agreement).
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports.
- Ensure standards and requirements are met through conducting quality assurance tests.
- Develop, manage and maintain cost controls and labor recaps in conjunction with the Project Manager and Project Superintendent.
- Process change orders with the owner and subcontractors.
- Ensure appropriate quality controls measures are being utilized.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 0-5+ years’ experience in construction related position.
- Professional accreditations desirable.
- Must be able to function as part of a high-performance team.
- Excellent working knowledge of construction methods, facilities operations and building systems.
- Familiarity with strategic planning.
- Ability to work collaboratively in mobile work environment.
- Software proficiency in MS Office 365 (Excel, Project, Word, SharePoint) and Adobe Suite) and report writing applications.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or Business preferred.
Proven success in the following job competencies
- Results Driven
- Communication and Presentation
- Client Focus and Relationship Building
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Information and Technology Proficiency
- Technical Industry and/or Profession Expertise
- Able to use a computer for extended periods of time.
- Able to move about a typical office, manufacturing, warehouse, or retail environment.
- Able to perform general office managerial and administrative activities.
- Exposure to hot heat (up to 120 degree Fahrenheit) and cold (down to 0 degrees Fahrenheit) for short periods of time (and with appropriate protective equipment)
- Transitioning from job site to job site within the environment may require the ability to bend, crawl and climb safely.
- Able to lift and move up to 75 pounds occasionally.
- Regular and on-time attendance.
- Hours regularly exceed 40 hours per week.
- Occasional travel by conventional means including aircraft, motor vehicle and the like within the region and to other locations as required.