The Senior Director of Retail is responsible to organize and oversee the operations of all the Colorado stores and manage the overall responsibility for the success of those stores by directing all operational aspect of each store and driving sales while minimizing costs. The Senior Director of Retail assumes responsibility for the overall success of the stores by setting targets and ensuring they are attained. The focus of the Senior Director of Retail is to provide leadership for diverse teams that will deliver the Company’s retail promise to every customer and patient. The Senior Director of Retail is expected to operate under the highest standards of compliance and professionalism.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Customer and Patient Satisfaction
- Lead a team of store managers toward effective collaboration and attainment of excellent customer and patient satisfaction.
- Ensure all customer and patient service initiatives are in place.
- Schedule regular store visits to ensure compliance in all areas of customer service, store operations, and loss prevention.
- Train, challenge, motivate, encourage, and provide constructive guidance to store managers and the teams.
- Deal with problems by providing creative and practical solutions.
- Evaluate performance using key metrics and address issues to improve.
Sales Growth and Profitability
- Set standards and objectives for different stores.
- Optimize and oversee operations to ensure efficiency.
- Lead a team of store managers toward effective collaboration and attainment of goals.
- Undertake sound financial management to ensure stores are profitable and stay within budget.
- Report to senior executives on progress and issues.
Compliance and Reporting
- Ensure that workflow and work procedures are documented and that appropriate controls and audits are in place to ensure data and processing integrity.
- Ensure compliance with the Company’s policies and operational guidelines.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
Safety and Security
- Monitor the activities of employees, customers, and patients to ensure a safe and secure work environment.
- Accountable for accurate use of Point of Sale, inventory management systems, state compliance/ METRC, online training system, etc.
Leadership and Supervision
- Manage employees, including hiring and developing, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining, addressing complaints and resolving employee issues.
- Provide technical leadership and managerial direction to designated employees.
- Establish initial and ongoing training for employees to ensure an adequate level of understanding regarding guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Ensure that individual and team performance meets the Company’s standards of service and quality.
- Work collaboratively with all the Company’s employees and business partners.
- Provide effective leadership to employees to ensure a complete understanding of and alignment to the Company’s vision, mission and values to maintain a positive work environment and a high level of morale.
- Ensure individual is high profile throughout the company.
- Develop and manage projects, including defining project scope, resources and achieving deliverables on time and within budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Works under the general supervision of the Senior Director of Retail Sales.
- This person supervises exempt and nonexempt employees.
- A minimum of 5 years of management experience working in a fast-paced retail store environment.
- A minimum of 3 years supervisory and/or managerial experience leading a large diverse team of professionals in a fast-paced retail store environment, including making store schedules, compliance, interviewing, training, coaching, and providing performance feedback to employees, ordering product, inventory control, and loss prevention, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively oversee and manage multiple locations.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a distributed team of managers and sales associates, vendors, and community members. Success building and maintaining strong professional relationships.
- Proven track-record in consultative sales and sales management experience.
- Proven ability to analyze and forecast from P/L and other metric reports.
- Demonstrated capabilities with computer systems and applications including, point of sale, cash inventory management, and customer relationships.
- Proficiency with MS Office Word, Excel and Google mail, calendar, documents.
- Solid organizational skills and a high-level attention to detail, and a sense of urgency.
- Solid oral and written communication skills, including effective presentation skills and comfort in one-to-one or group situations in a professional and courteous manner.
- Demonstrates a culture of retention.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal employment laws relating to key areas of responsibility.
- Must be able to secure appropriate work credentials from the Colorado Department of Revenue, MED.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- BA/BS degree in retail management, business, marketing or similar area preferred or an additional 4 years of related experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
Proven success in the following job competencies:
- Organization and Time Management
- Communication and Presentation
- Customer Focus and Relationship Building
- Proactive/Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Able to use a computer while sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
- Able to move about a typical office, manufacturing, warehouse, or retail environment.
- Able to perform general office managerial and administrative activities.
- Able to kneel, bend, reach, rotate, and stoop on an intermittent to regular basis daily.
- Able to lift and move up to 25 pounds occasionally.
- Regular and on-time attendance.
- Hours regularly exceed 40 hours per week.
- Occasional travel by conventional means including aircraft, motor vehicle and the like within the region and to other locations as required.
Note: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.