Security Guard Full-Time in Metro Denver, Colorado $14.00 per Hour
Do you want to break out of the mold of a boring 9 to 5? Are you looking for a challenging career that will take you to the next level? Do you want to contribute to a team and company you can stand behind, that is an industry leader and sets the bar high?
- Are a self-driven, motivated individual that is willing to roll-up your sleeves and put in the hard work until the job is done
- Are energized by achieving competitive sales goals, providing excellent product suggestions, and exceeding our customers’ and patients’ expectations
- Can inspire customer and patient confidence and create loyalty to the LivWell Enlightened Health brand
…Then let’s talk about your next career step!
We Offer Some Great Benefits:
- Competitive pay
- 100% company-sponsored employee health insurance
- Great 401k plan
- Paid Time Off, dental & vision insurance, employee discounts, & more!
A Little About Us:
LivWell Enlightened Health is one of the largest and fastest-growing cannabis companies nationwide, with 14 store locations across Colorado. We are dedicated to treating all of our employees as well as the cannabis business has treated us. We offer in-depth training and opportunities for professional growth, because our bud is far from the only thing we’re interested in cultivating.
You can learn more about our retail stores from this video on Youtube, featuring one of our 7 Denver Metro area locations!
Could this be the next career step for you, or anyone you know? (Share this job with your network via Facebook or Twitter with the links above!)
This person provides security and safety to customers and employees. In order to adequately protect people and property, security guards must know and enforce rules and regulations to prevent criminal activity before it happens. They may monitor points of access in a building or property to allow entry only to individuals with the correct identification or authorization. They walk amongst visitors to promote order and provide a visible presence that deters safety issues.
- Patrol industrial and commercial premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates. Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property regularly; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry
- Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
- Circulate among visitors, patrons, and employees to preserve order and protect property.
- Warn persons of rule infractions or violations, and evict violators from premises.
- Guard courier vehicles after arrival and delivery of product and valuables to prevent theft and ensure safe delivery.
- Promote a work environment that is positive, customer-service oriented, and compliant with established policies and procedures.
Compliance and Reporting
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal laws and regulations.
- Report any security or compliance issue or situation to the direct supervisor.
- Works under the direct supervision of the Manager of Retail Compliance and Corporate Security. This person does not supervise employees directly.
- A minimum of 2 years’ security, safety, or related experience.
- Experience working in a fast-paced retail, production environment with diverse clientele preferred.
- Demonstrated safety, security, risk management, and client service capabilities.
- Must be able to secure appropriate work credentials from the Colorado Department of Labor Marijuana Enforcement Division.
- Must pass a criminal Background check.
- Must have clean background with no felonies.
- Excellent surveillance and observation skills.
- Experience with conflict resolution.
- Customer service skills.
- Ability to work days, nights, and/or weekends.
- High School degree or equivalent required.
- 2-year college degree or related college coursework preferred.
Proven success in the following job competencies
- Strong oral and written communication capabilities.
- Ability to work with team members, clientele to manage risk and ensure compliance.
- Strong orientation to teamwork and collaboration, ability to partner with managers on operational matters.
- Ability to deal with and resolve problems in a professional manner.
- Able to use a computer for extended periods of time.
- Able to move about a typical office, manufacturing, warehouse, or retail environment
- Able to perform general office managerial and administrative activities.
- Able to lift and move up to 25 pounds occasionally.
- Regular and on-time attendance.
- Hours regularly exceed 40 hours per week.
- Occasional travel by conventional means to other locations as required.
Note: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.